EDUC 5860 Issues in Digital Technologies
Issues in Digital Technologies This is your wikimedia sandbox.
Inquiry Projects Proposals Index Page
Research Inquiry: you will be asked to come up with your own inquiry question (critical issues relating to digital technologies and education, society and culture) and develop a research proposal of your own choice – based on your own interests, curiosity, or research aims (in relation to general course themes).
This short wiki project should be used as part of the research process for your final projects.
Your entry should…
- Articulate inquiry ideas, curiosities, possible research questions (with rationale for why it matters to you). Basic framework, please...
1) identify inquiry topic, questions and controversies.
2) articulate a rationale for why it matters – some brief statement regarding how the topic and/or tool use connects to the course theory (pedagogy, transforming learning, wider social/cultural implications), your life, your research interests, your teaching practice, etc…
3) draft out some initial research pathways and observations using theory, readings, models, etc.
4) identify possible media tools (modes of production): what form(s) will the research project take.
- Collaboration/Connections: where relevant/synergistic, try connect to at least two other peer entries, and add (brief/concise) content research angles/or possible questions to enrich peer proposals. Do not modify others’ text, however, and include your signature stamp to all peer additions. This is like a collaborative brainstorming
Blended Learning WikiMedia Session
As indicated in the email, I would like to make a small tweak to the "blended learning" session (1) to make it more pedagogically interesting, without adding more "work" to the load of this course.
Instead of writing a reflection on your website, we will transport this task to the wiki, focusing on this week's readings (by Malloy, Fullan and Langworthy, Ministry of Ontario: Inquiry-Based Learning).
Part 1: Create a Wiki Page for Your Analysis of the Readings
Use the video tutorial to get started with your wiki page. Click on the link below to visit the index page, and then set up a page for your reflection. Once you get to the Index Page, you'll get the 'next level' of instruction for this project.
* Click here to go your index page: Blended Learning Session / Index Page